Sunday, October 30, 2011

The wagon got very bumpy...

In other words, I fell off...more like a swan dive, a very beautiful, large swan dive! Well, It's been a long time since I have memorialized anything in the written word, let alone posted or updated this blog. So, to start out...let me get you up to speed;

I got home down a total of near 50 lbs, over the next 3 or so months I had a net loss of another 13 lbs or so. I say net loss because the chart showing my progress was up and down and all over the place day to day, but week to week it definitely trended downward. Then, two things happened I was not prepared for. First, I went on vacation with my family which was a blast. However, It sent me into a downward, out of control spiral with Some of my best ever "justifiable" excuses of why I could and should eat some of the things I was. And second, I injured my knee and was not mentally prepared with a back up plan. So, I quickly slipped back into old habits that make no sense at all except when I am perfectly happy to believe a lie...that comes out of my mouth. For Example:

*well, since I didn't exercise today, I may as well not worry about calories. Of course the correct train of thought and the truth should have been..."because I did not exercise today, I really need to watch what I eat."

*It's Sunday, I deserve a free day...and an entire tray of cookies. The truth-there is no free day. Everything I do, I must account for. That just doesn't hold true for food and calories, but life in general.

*they're eating that, plus seconds...I should be able to as well. The truth-"they" don't have 80 lbs to lose still, I do. Maintaining is one thing, losing is quite another.

The Reality-as much as I have tried to hide from it and pretend it hasn't happened, the reality is I did what I was certain I would not do by gaining 20lbs back. Now, I have gone through the "stages of rages", as outlined in an earlier post, and am now ready to continue my progress using the tools I learned and the ones that led me to a 63 lb. weight loss in a relatively short period of time. I will start by aiming to lose the 6 pounds I need to to get to where I was when I came home from Fitness Ridge, and then the next 15 that I had lost after. I will not focus on anything outside of those two goals and then make new ones when I get there.

I have extra motivation to get this 20 lbs off fast. You see, I threw away or donated away all my "obese" clothes and only have fat clothes left. Well, the fat clothes are a bit tight and, I'm simply not getting enough oxygen to my body with the short breathes aloud by the tight shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment